Hartley Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018 - Hartley-Kent - Hartley-Kent: The Website for Hartley

Go to content

Hartley Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018

Hartley-Kent

Parish Council: Attendance
10 councillors attended the meeting, along with Cllr Brazier (KCC) and Cllr Kelly (SDC).  There were 17 members of the public in attendance.  There were no declarations of interest
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Sevenoaks Council: Update
Cllr Kelly said they will get no government grant at all next year.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Allotments
Dr Roberts asked why allotment rents had gone up more than pitch hire.  Cllr Oxtoby thought this was down to rounding.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Beechlands Close:  
A number of people had attended the meeting to express concerns about the sale of 3 acres of wood at the end of Beechlands Close.  At this and the previous amenities committee meeting they had highlighted the fact it was ancient woodland, a rare moth and fungi were mentioned.  The possibility of establishing a public right of way or village green status on the land was suggested.  Someone claimed travellers were interested in the site but it has a covenant against caravans.  The council voted narrowly 6-4 to get further advice on buying the land although they cannot pay more than the District Valuer allows.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Cricket
NAG & Hartley Cricket Club said they had had a good season.  They said the outfield had not always been cut (council said it was down to the weather) and the water in the showers was sometimes cold (council to sort out).
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Football
Hartley de Sales also raised the issue of the grass cutting.  Council to look at an additional cut in Feb/March but said it will be expensive.  Club to get 10 extra keys to field, as they said the gate had to be left open on Friday training sessions because of lack of key holders.  The training sessions were news to the councillors, although they had apparently been going on for years, in future they will need to tell the council formally about this.  Annual rent for club to rise by £54 to £1,854.  A football academy also wants to use the pitches on Wednesdays, but council needs more information first.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Manor Field Pavilion
The emergency light in the disabled toilet failed inspection, replacement £71.  Boiler passed inspection, council to act on recommendation to remove rubbish around the LPG tank.  Also minor repairs to strip light.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Manor Field
Council to buy 3 tons of roadstone to repair car park but also to consider tarmacing the surface too.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Rectory Meadow
Grass cut by NW Kent Countryside Project in August at cost of £720.  They also accepted quote of £1,680 from NWKCP for cutting in accordance with the management plan in 2019.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Longfield Hill
Councillors deferred decision on new play equipment and gate for recreation ground there, to consider further.  Defects identified by playground inspector to be remedied.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Woodland Avenue
A number of defects identified by playground inspector to be remedied. They also noted dog faeces in play area and dog chew damage to straps on cradle swing.  Metal gate that no longer closes properly to repaired by Metalworks for £325.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Pond
The council discussed this at length.  After a recorded vote it accepted the committee's recommendation to drop any adverse possession claim to the pond.  Some councillors claimed it was not a pond but a drainage ditch, KCC will do repairs to the road drainage but nothing aesthetic.  While the council acknowledged it looks unsightly at present, they do not want to spend money on it.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Amenities: Notice Boards
Council to repair their own noticeboard at the library, and have asked KCC to replace or remove the damaged rights of way board.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Corinthian Development:  
Planning committee accepted quote of up to £4,000 from a planning consultant to prepare an objection to the proposal.  Council to complain to Sevenoaks Council about the process.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

WW1 Commemoration:  
The sub-committee authorised a number of payments - erection of beacon £1,790; wood for burner £200; overnight security £500; plaque for beacon £70; Medical Cover £180
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)

Ash Road:  
Council told they could have a pelican crossing at Hoselands Green instead of a zebra crossing, which was rejected because there is too much traffic.  The total cost will be £75,000, HPC have already offered £25K, Community Infrastructure Levy will add £4K and Kent Highways would pay £5-25K, but this leaves the council still at least £25K short.
(Parish Council Meeting 10 September 2018)





© Content P Mayer 2000-2018.  Created with WebSite X5
Weather Underground PWS INEWASHG2
Back to content