Directory Entries for Hartley 1847-1922 - Hartley-Kent: The Website for Hartley

Go to content

Directory Entries for Hartley 1847-1922

Bagshaws Directory 1847

Hartley parish and small village, situated 6 miles SE by S From Dartford, contains 1,110 acres of land, of which upwards of 200 acres are in woods and plantations; it is an undulating district, with chalky soil, much covered in flints.  Mr Eveland (sic - should be Evelyn) is Lord of the Manor; but Mr Francis Treadwell is the principal landowner.  The Church, dedicated to All Saints, is a small edifice, with nave, chancel, a low pointed steeple, and one bell, nearly half a mile west of the village.  The living is a rectory, valued in the King's books at £7, now £232, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev Edward Allen MA.  The manor soon after the conquest became part of hte possessions of the noble family of Montchensie, one of whom, Warine de Montchensie, was owner of it in the reign of King John, being then reputed one of the most valiant, prudent, and wealthy men in this kingdom.  He left a son, William, who took possession of all his father's lands; not long after which, he took part with the discontented barons, and when the King was made prisoner at the battle of Lewes, in the 48th year of his reign, and the barons had summoned a parliament in his name; he was oe of the chief of those that sat therein.  Notwithstanding, he was afterwards taken at Kenilworth, a little before the battle of Evesham, and his lands seized; yet he had soon after such favour shown him for his father's sake, that they were freely restored to him again; and in the 6th year of King Edward I, he obtained full pardon, with other favours afterwards, among which was that of frankpledge, and the courts belonging to it, in all his lands.  He was killed at the siege of Drosselan Castle, in Wales, in the 17th year of that reign; and the manor was eventually possessed by Aymer, Earl of Pembroke, who was greatly favoured and employed both by King Edward I and II, but in the 17th year of the reign of the latter, attending the Queen in France, he was murdered there, in revenge for the death of the Earl of Lancaster - this Earl being one of those who passed sentence of death upon him at Pontefract two years before.  He left no issue, though he had three wives; and it soon came into the hands of John de Hastings, who, at the coronation of Richard II, being not quite five years old, claimed to carry the golden spurs, and showing sufficient evidence of his right to do that service, it was adjudged to him, and a deputy allowed him for that purpose, by reason of his non-age.  He was afterwards unfortunately killed at a tournament at Woodstock, having married Philippa, daughter of Edmund Mortimer, Earl of March, by whom he left no issue.  Philipa having afterwards married Richard Fitazallen, Earl of Arundel, he had this manor in dowry with her.  The Earl was fined for this marriage four hundred marks (£266 13s 4d).  Some time after which, observing the dangerous tendancies of the times, and the implacable hatred of the King against him, he retired into the country, having obtained a special dispensation from all public employment; notwithstanding which the King fearing him, soon afterwards got him into his power by fair words, and then sent him to prison, and quickly after brought him to trial, and though he pleaded the King's promises and charter of pardon, the barbarous sentence of being hanged, drawn and quatered, was passed upon him; the rigour of which was somewhat softened, for he only lost his head.  In 1770 the manor passed by sale to William Glanville Evelyn esq.

Hartley Green is a hamlet, situatated about half a mile NE of the church.  There is a National School for the three parishes of Hartley, Fawkham and Longfield.

John Walter, who died in 1625, gave to two poor men long coats of russet cloth, and gowns of the same material to two poor women of this parish; a plentiful dinner was to be provided for them at Christmas (see Fawkham parish).

Benstead, Wiliam - farmer, Court Lodge
Best, George - farmer
Dean, Wiliam - wheelwright
Hayes, Robert - victualler, King's Arms
Parsons, Mrs Mary Ann
Treadwell, Francis - gentleman
Treadwell, William - victualler, Black Lion
Woodin, William - farmer
Young, Wiliam - blacksmith


Post Office Directory 1851

Hartley is a small neat village 4 miles from Farningham east, 6 from Gravesend south west, and 6 from Dartford south east, in Dartford Union and Axton hundred, lathe of Sutton at Hone.  The church is a small edifice; there is no resident clergyman.  The area of the parish is 1,110 acres, and the population, in 1841 was 224.  In 1842 the Property Tax assessment was £1,026.  Letters through Dartford.

Mrs Bensted

Traders
George Bensted, farmer
George Best, farmer
Robert Hayes, King's Arms and shoemaker
Francis Treadwell, farmer
William Treadwell, Black Lion and parish clerk
Wiilliam Treadwell, farmer
William Wooding, farmer
William Young, blacksmith
Post Office Directory 1855

Hartley is a small neat village, 4 miles east from Farningham, 6 from Gravesend SW, and 6 from Dartford SE, in Dartford Union and Axton Hundred, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, West Kent.  The pupulation in 1851 was 227.  The Church is a small building; the Rev Edwin (sic should be Edward) is the incumbent.  The area of the parish is 1,178 acres, and the population in 1851, was 227.  Grub Street is half a mile west, and Idley one mile SE.

Letters received through Dartford.  The nearest money order office is Meopham

Gentry
Allen, Rev Edwin
Parsons, Mrs Mary

Traders
Bensted, William - farmer
Best, George - farmer
Dean, Thomas - wheelwright
Elcomb, William - parish clerk
Hayes, Robert - King's Arms and s
Treadwell, James - farmer
Treadwell, William - Black Lion and farmer
Treadwell, William - shopkeeper
Young, William - blacksmith

Letters through Dartford.  The nearest money order office is at Meopham
Melville's Directory 1858

Hartley is a neat village, 4 miles east from Farningham, 6 miles from Gravesend SW, and 6 miles from Dartford SE.  The pupulation in 1851 was 227.  The Church is a small and neat building; the Rev Edwin (sic should be Edward) is th incumbent.  Grub Street is half a mile west, and Idley one mile SE.

Letters received through Dartford.  The nearest money order office is Meopham

Gentry
Allen, Rev Edwin
Parsons, Mrs Mary

Traders
Bensted, William - farmer
Best, George - farmer
Dean, Thomas - wheelwright
Elcomb, William - parish clerk
Hayes, Robert - King's Arms
Treadwell, James - farmer
Treadwell, William - Black Lion and farmer
Treadwell, William - shopkeeper
Young, William - blacksmith
Post Office Directory 1867

Hartley is a parish and small village, in the western division of the county, Dartford Union and County Court district, Axton hundred, lathe of Sutton at Hone, rural deanery, archdeaconry and diocese of Rochester, 24 miles south-east from London, 2 south from Meopham Railway Station, 4 east from Farningham, 6 south-west from Gravesend and 6 south-east from Dartford.  The church of All Saints', which was restored in 1862, is a small building, and has nave, chancel, porch, and 2 bells.  The register dates from 1712.  The living is a rectory, annual value £340, with 12 acres of glebe, in the gift of, and held by, the Rev Edward Allen MA of Braesnose College, Oxford; the Rev William Whitton Allen MA of Trinity College, Oxford, is the curate.  There is a national school at Hartley Green.   Grub Street is half a mile west, and Idley one mile south-east.  The area of the parish is 1,178 acres, and the population in 1861 was 244.  Parish Clerk - William Elcombe.  Letters through Dartford, which is the nearest money order office.  

National School: Miss Maria Jones, mistress.

Rev Edward Allen MA, rector
Rev William Whitton Allen, MA, curate
Mr John Wear

Commercial
William Allen, farmer, Hartley Court
William Benstead, farmer
George Best, farmer
Elvey Cooper, blacksmith
Henry Cooper, Black Lion and shopkeeper
Thomas Dean, wheelwright
William Elcombe, shoemaker
William Marshall, King's Arms
James Thomas Smith, farmer
William Treadwell, farmer
Kellys Directory 1870

The soil is light and stony with chief crops grain and pulse.  The gross estimated rental is £1,909 and total rateable value £1,698.  Letters go via Dartford, which is alos the nearest money order office.

Residents

Rev William Whitton Allen, rector
William Allen, farmer and hop grower, Hartley Court
Henry Benstead, farmer and hop grower
William Benstead, farmer and hop grower
George Best, farmer and hop grower
Elvey Cooper, blacksmith
Henry Cooper, Black Lion and shopkeeper
Thomas Dean, wheelwright
William Elcomb, shoemaker and parish clerk
Thomas Gambrill, farmer and hop grower
Miss Annie Marshall, King's Arms
James Thomas Smith, farmer and hop grower
Kellys Directory 1874

The soil is light and stony with chief crops grain and pulse.  The gross estimated rental is £1,909 and total rateable value £1,698.  Letters go via Dartford, which is alos the nearest money order office.

Residents

Rev William Whitton Allen, rector
William Allen, farmer and hop grower, Hartley Court
Henry Benstead, farmer and hop grower
William Benstead, farmer and hop grower
George Best, farmer and hop grower
Elvey Cooper, blacksmith
Henry Cooper, Black Lion and shopkeeper
Thomas Dean, wheelwright
William Elcomb, shoemaker and parish clerk
William Lane, general dealer
Col George Palmer Evelyn, Hartley Wood Farm
Thomas Gambrill, farmer and hop grower
James Thomas Smith, farmer and hop grower

Kellys Directory 1878

The soil is light and stony with chief crops grain and pulse.  The gross estimated rental is £1,909 and total rateable value £2,252.  Letters go via Dartford, which is alos the nearest money order office.

Residents

Rev William Whitton Allen, rector
William Allen, farmer and hop grower, Hartley Court
Henry Benstead, farmer and hop grower
William Benstead, farmer and hop grower
George Best, farmer and hop grower
Philip Binches
Elvey Cooper, blacksmith
Thomas Coulson, farm bailiff to J T Smith
Thomas Dean, wheelwright
William Elcomb, shoemaker and parish clerk
William Lane, general dealer
Col George Palmer Evelyn, Hartley Wood Farm
Thomas Gambrill, farmer and hop grower
James Thomas Smith, farmer and hop grower
George Charles Wansbury, Black Lion and grocer
Kelly's Directory 1882

Hartley is a parish and village in the western division of the county, Dartford Union and county court district, Axton hundred, lathe of Sutton at Hone, rural deanery of Cobham, archdeaconry and diocese of Rochester, 24 miles from London, 2 south-west from Meopham Railway Station, 6 south from Gravesend and 6 south-east from Dartford.  The church of All Saints', built in the c12th century, is a small building of flint and rubble, with buttresses of brick, consisting of a chancel, nave, south porch, vestry and a wooden belfry with a small spire on the western gable, containing 2 bells.  North of the nave is a small and narrow Norman window, high set, in the south another, the west window is perpendicular, on the north of the chancel is a low side window of the lancet period.  The register of baptisms and marriages dates from the year 1713, burials from 1712.  The living is a rectory, annual value £340, with 12 acres of glebe, in the gift of, and held by, the Rev William Whitton Allen MA .  Colonel George Palmer Evelyn JP of Hartley Manor, who is lord of the manor and James Thomas Smith esq are the principal landowners.  The soil is light and stony; subsoil chalk.  The chief crops are grain and pulse.  The area is 1,211 acres ; rateable value £2,654; and the population in 1881 was 254.  Grubb Street is half a mile west and Idley 1 mile south-east.  Parish Clerk - William Elcombe.  Letters through Dartford, which is the nearest money order office; telegraph office at Fawkham Station.

National School, Hartley Green: Miss Mary Nettleingham, mistress.

Rev William Whitton Allen MA, rector
Philip Binckes
Col George Palmer Evelyn JP, Hartley Manor
Lt-Col Joseph Hartley LLD DL JP, The Old Downs
James Thomas Smith
Elvey Cooper, blacksmith
Thomas Coulson, farm bailiff to James Thomas Smith esq
Thomas Dean, wheelwright
William Elcombe, shoemaker
Thomas Gambrill, farmer and hop grower
James Thomas Smith, farmer and hop grower
George Charles Wansbury, Black Lion and Grocer
Kellys Directory 1891

Hartley is a parish and village, 24 miles from London, 1 south from Fawkham Railway Station, 6 south fro Gravesend and 6 south east from Dartford, in the North Western division of the county, Axton hundred, lathe of Sutton at Hone, Dartford Union, Petty Sessional Division, and County Court District, rural deanery of Cobham, archdeaconry and diocese of Rochester.  The church of All Saints, erected in the 12th century, is a small building of chancel, nave, south porch, vestry and a wooden belfry with a small spire on the western gable, containing 2 bells; north of the nave is a small and narrow Norman window, high set, and on the south another; the west window is early decorated, on the south south of the chancel is an ancient lepers' window, there are 105 sittings.  The register of baptisms and marriages dates from the year 1713; burials from 1712.  The living is a rectory, average yearly value from tithe rentcharge £279, net income £230 with 13 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of and held sice 1870 by the Rev William Whitton Allen MA of Trinity College, Oxford.  Hartley Manor is the property of Frederick Dallas Barnes esq JP of Bickley, who is lord of the Manor, and with James Thomas Smith esq the principal landowner.  The soil is light and stony; subsoil, chalk.  The chief crops are grain and pulse.  The air and climate is very bracing and dry, situation ranging from 300 to 400 feet above sea level, country undulating and wooded.  The area is 1,211 acres; rateable value £4,166.  The population in 1881 was 254.

Grubb Street is half a mile west and Idley 1 mile south east.

Parish Clerk: Elvey Cooper

Wall letter box cleared at 5.30 pm; no collection on Sundays.  Letters through Dartford arrive 9 am.  The nearest post, money order and telegraph office is at Longfield.

National School (mixed), Hartley Green, built in 1840 for 54 children; average attendance 52; Miss Emily Jane Hillyear, mistress.

Allen, Rev William Whitton MA - rector
Barnes, Frederick Dallas JP - Hartley Manor
Barnes, Henry Kendall
Bradley, Charles William
Hartley, Lieutenant-Colonel Joseph LLD, DL, JP - The Old Downs
Smith, James Thomas
Tait, Adam - Hartley Court
Allen, William Frederick - farmer and market gardener
Cooper, Elvey - blacksmith
Coulson, Thomas - farm bailiff to James Thomas Smith esq
Dean, Thomas - wheelwright
Wansbury, George Charles - Black Lion PH and grocer
Kelly's Directory of Kent 1903

Hartley is a parish and village, 24 miles from London, 1 south-by-east from Fawkham Station on the South Eastern and Chatham Railway, 6 south from Gravesend and 6 south-east from Dartford, in the north-western division of the county, Axton hundred, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, Dartford union, petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Cobham and archdeaconry and diocese of Rochester.  The Church of All Saints, erected in the 12th century, has remains of Norman and Early Decorated work, and a belfry with 2 bells.  In 1892 the west wall and the belfry were entirely rebuilt at a cost of £500.  In 1899 a memorial window was erected to Adam Tate, a director of the Peninsular and Oriental Steamship Company, by his brother directors, as well as an inscribed brass tablet in the chancel.  There are 105 sittings.  The register of baptisms and marriages dates from the year 1713; burials from 1712.  The living is a rectory, net income £200, with 13 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of Sir William Chance baronet, and held since 1902 by the Rev Charles Gerard Winstanley Bancks MA of St Johns College, Cambridge.  Sir William Chance baronet is lord of the manor and the principal landowner.  The soil is light gravel and loam; subsoil, chalk.  The chief crops are grain and pulse.  The air and climate are very bracing and dry, situation ranging from 300 to 400 feet above sea level, and wooded.  The area is 1,210 acres; rateable value £4,965.  Population in 1901, 275.

Parish Clerk, Philip Letchford

Letters through Longfield S.O. are delivered at 9am.  Wall letter box cleared at 7.50 am and 5.30pm.  No collection on Sundays.  The nearest post, money order and telegraph office is at Longfield, a mile distant.

National School (mixed), Hartley Green, built in 1840 and enlarged in 1893, for 84 children.  Average attendance, 57.  Mrs F A Cromar, mistress.  

Police Station, Alfred Kemsley, constable in charge.

Carrier - Henry Outred to Gravesend on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Rev Charles Gerard Winstanley BANCKS MA (rector), Rectory
Edward Robert DAUN, The Old Downs
Archibald E DOBBS, Hartley Manor
James Jones Gibbs DUNCANSON, Hartley Court
Tom MABE, Bay Lodge
Edward E TOWNLEY, Hartley House

Commercial
Joseph W APPS, farm bailiff to Sir William Chance baronet
George CHEESMAN, gamekeeper to J J G Duncanson esq
Elvey COOPER, blacksmith
Edward COULSON, farm bailiff to Sir William Chance baronet
Alfred William CROMAR, assistant rate and tax collector
Thomas GOODWIN, thatcher
Henry OUTRED, carrier
THORNTON AND GLOVER, farmers, New House Farm
George Charles WANSBURY, Black Lion, public house, grocer and draper
Kelly's Directory of Kent 1913

Hartley is a parish and village, 24 miles from London, 1 south-by-east from Fawkham Station on the South Eastern and Chatham Railway, 6 south from Gravesend and 6 south-east from Dartford, in the north-western division of the county, Axton hundred, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, Dartford union, petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Cobham and archdeaconry and diocese of Rochester.  The Church of All Saints, erected in the 12th century, has remains of Norman and Early Decorated work, and a belfry with 2 bells.  In 1892 the west wall and the belfry were entirely rebuilt at a cost of £500.  In 1899 a memorial window was erected to Adam Tate, a director of the Peninsular and Oriental Steamship Company, by his brother directors, as well as an inscribed brass tablet in the chancel.  There are 105 sittings.  The register of baptisms and marriages dates from the year 1713; burials from 1712.  The living is a rectory, net income £200, with 13 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of Messrs Small Owners Ltd, and held since 1902 by the Rev Charles Gerard Winstanley Bancks MA of St Johns College, Cambridge.  Messrs Small Owners Limited are lords of the manor and the principal landowners.  The soil is light gravel and loam; subsoil, chalk.  The chief crops are grain, fruit and pulse.  The air and climate are very bracing and dry, situation ranging from 300 to 400 feet above sea level, and wooded.  The area is 1,211 acres; rateable value £5,066.  Population in 1911, 278.

Parish Clerk, Philip Letchford

Letters through Longfield, Kent are delivered at 8am.  Wall letter box cleared at 8.40 am and 6.35pm; Sunday 9.35am.  The nearest post, money order and telegraph office is at Longfield, a mile distant.

Public Elementary School (mixed), Hartley Green, built in 1840 and enlarged in 1893, was rebuilt in 1908, for 70 children.  Average attendance, 66.  Miss E R Bragger, mistress.  The school is within the district of the Dartford Rural School Attendance Committee.

Carrier to Dartford on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, starting from Hartley Green at 9am, T Blake.

Private Residents
Rev Charles Gerard Winstanley BANCKS MA (rector), Rectory
Charles EADE
Robert W EMMET, Fairby
Frederick A FLINT, Bundoran
Eustace HARE, Hartley House
Lionel Wormer HARRIS, Hartley Manor
Major Arthur HILDEBRAND BR RE, Hartley Court
Tom MABE, Bay Lodge
Walter ROBSON, Grafton House
Thomas RODWELL
Charles James SAYER

Commercial
William BRAYBROOK, builder
Alfred William CROMAR, assistant rate and tax collector
William John EVERITT, blacksmith
Henry GLOVER, farmer
Clifford Warner NAIRN, carpenter
George PEAKE, shopkeeper
Small Owners Limited (Robert Bleakley, farm manager), Fairby Farm
Joseph THORNTON, farmer New House Farm
Emily WANSBURY (Mrs), Black Lion Public House
Caddels Gravesend Directory 1915

Hartley - Post Town, Dartford.  Distance from Gravesend - 6 miles

Balchin J, Ye Red house
Bancks Rev O.G.W.The Rectory
Bragger Miss, Schoolmistress
Braybrook, Wm, Builder, etc.
Brittain G. H., American Poultry farm
Copus Capt. D, Willow Lodge
Cromar Mrs P, Merton house school
Crump R. S, The Grange
Davis-Cook Miss, Middle farm
Dennis P. & Sons, Fruit farmers
Eade C, The Gables
Elphick P.O., Annlea
Emmet R. W, Fairby
English T, The Black Lion
Flint -, Bundoran
Green H. G, Hartley Green
Harris F. C, Farmer, Hartley Wood Corner
Harris Lionel W, The Manor, Hartley
Hill E de  Vere, Home for the Blind
Humphrey A., Elmhurst
Johnson Geo, Glenhome
Locke E., Hartley Hole
Lockwood W, The Stocks
Mabe Tom, Bay Lodge
Nairn C. W, The Elms
Parrott H., Dairyman
Peeke Geo, The Score, Hartley Green
Richardson Miss, Poultry farmer, Fairby
Robson Walter, Grafton House
Rodwell Thomas, Haverstock Drive
Sedgewick -, Church Road
Sinnocks R, Himalaya
Slater A, Hartley Poultry farm
Small Owners' Fairby stores
Smith G, Shoemaker, Deravona Cottage
Stevenson R. A., Ashleigh
Stewart James, Hartley green
Symons Headley, Arnott's bungalow
Taite Bros, Hartley house
Thornton Joseph, Farmer
Tripe Ernest, Hartley House
Tristram Major A, The Old Downs
Wells T. W, Church Road
Welsh Dr. F. D, Hartley Green
Woods W. G. & H.O, Fruit Growers
Kellys Directory 1922

Hartley is a parish and village, 24 miles from London, 1 south-by-east from Fawkham Station on the South Eastern and Chatham Railway, 6 south from Gravesend and 6 south-east from Dartford, in the north-western division of the county, Axton hundred, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, Dartford union, petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Cobham and archdeaconry and diocese of Rochester.  The Church of All Saints, erected in the 12th century, has remains of Norman and Early Decorated work, and a belfry with 2 bells.  In 1892 the west wall and the belfry were entirely rebuilt at a cost of £500.  In 1899 a memorial window was erected to Adam Tate, a director of the Peninsular and Oriental Steamship Company, by his brother directors, as well as an inscribed brass tablet in the chancel.  There are 105 sittings.  The register of baptisms and marriages dates from the year 1713; burials from 1712.  The living is a rectory, net income £200, with 13 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of Sir William Chance baronet, and held since 1902 by the Rev Charles Gerard Winstanley Bancks MA of St Johns College, Cambridge.  Here is a Catholic church.  Messrs Small Owners Limited are lords of the manor and the principal landowners.  The soil is light gravel and loam; subsoil, chalk.  The chief crops are grain, fruit and pulse.  The air and climate are very bracing and dry, situation ranging from 300 to 400 feet above sea level, and wooded.  The area is 1,211 acres; rateable value £6,077.  Population in 1911, 278.

Letters through Longfield, Kent.

Letter boxes - Black Lion and Hartley Green.  The nearest post, money order and telegraph office is at Longfield, a mile distant.

Public Elementary School (mixed), Hartley Green, built in 1840 and enlarged in 1893, was rebuilt in 1908, for 70 children.  Average attendance, 66.  Miss M T Fiddis, mistress.  The school is within the district of the Dartford Rural School Attendance Committee.

Private Residents

Balchin, James - The Red House
Bancks, Rev Charles Gerard Winstanley MA - Rector, Rectory
Bourdillon, Mrs - June Hill
Brett, Major Fred - Hartley Court
Cohen, Lieut-Col J Waley CMG DSO - The Old Downs
Daniel, William Henry - Hartley Manor (TN Longfield 12)
Davies-Cooke, Miss - Middle Farm
Day, Ralph E - New House (TN Ash 2X)
Elphick, Miss
Evans, Charles Bond - Grafton House
Gable, William B - Greenways, Manor Drive
Howarth, William J CBE MD - Hartley Grange
Jones, Fred - Homecare
Kirke, Miss F E E - Braeside, Manor Drive
McIntyre, Mrs - Bay Lodge
Rodwell, Mrs Thomas
Snow, John - Bundoran
Speir, Ronald F - Hartley House
Tate, Frank - Amphion
Tate, Tom Fleetwood - Brendon
Tiffin, Charles E - The Firs, Manor Drive
Welch, Frederick Day - Hartley Green

Commercial

Braybrook, William - Builder
Brown, James - poultry farmer, Woodlands
Campkin, M J and D J - fruit growers & poultry farmers, Cherry Orchard
Cromar, Alfred William - rate and tax collector
Cromar, Florence (Mrs) - private school
Day, George - farmer, New House Farm
English, Charles - Black Lion PH
English, Charles - grocer
French, Charles - chimney sweep
Glover, Henry - farmer
Goodwin, Thomas - thatcher
Gray, D T R - grocer, Fairby Stores
Harris, Frederick Charles - fruit grower
Hartley Agricultural Cooperative Society Limited - Appledore
Harwood, J W - poultry farmer, Manor Drive
Howarth, William J CBE MD DPH - physician & surgeon, Hartley Grange (TN Longfield 15)
Munn, George J - decorator, Orchard Cottage
Nairn, Clifford Warner - carpenter and assistant overseer
Parrett, Henry - dairyman
Price, Georgina (Miss) - private boys' and girls' school
Small Owners Limited - landowners, farmers, market gardeners & fruit growers, Fairby Farm
Symons, Headley - poultry farmer
Tate Brothers - fruit growers



© Content P Mayer 2000-2018.  Created with WebSite X5
Weather Underground PWS INEWASHG2
Back to content